Pancreatitis is a fairly common disease. A distinctive feature of this disease is acute pain in the stomach, as well as a violation of the quality of the pancreas.
For the treatment of this ailment, a special (therapeutic) diet was developed. It contains only a specially selected menu and allowed food. They will not cause any harm to the affected organism. What does a sample menu look like for one week?
1. Diet for chronic inflammation of the gland
With a disease such as pancreatitis, a moderate diet is prescribed, which completely excludes the use of alcoholic beverages, sweet, fatty and fried foods, as well as foods containing coarse fiber, simple carbohydrates and extracts. Nutritionists recommend taking food up to 6 times a day, the serving size should be small so that it is better absorbed and does not overload the pancreas.
Food should be steamed, boiled, or stewed, and may rarely be baked. Before use, it must be cooled to a temperature of 30 degrees. In this way you will avoid stomach irritation.
Salt in the diet should be used in a minimal amount and, if possible, completely exclude it until the function of the organ returns to normal. Fish, meat and dairy products are used as main products. The energy value of the menu per day must not exceed 1800 kcal in any case.
It is best to give preference to liquid or semi-liquid foods, such as soups, mashed potatoes, cereals, etc. A strict diet for pancreatic disease should be followed for about 3 weeks after the attack has stopped. After that, the menu can be constantly expanded until you return to your regular diet.
During the diet, it is allowed to eat cereals, vegetable soups, boiled / fresh vegetables, dry bread, meat, boiled eggs, poultry and fish (only low-fat varieties are allowed), dairy products, berries and non-acidic fruits, flour products, creamy / vegetable oils, natural gelatin, fresh juices and compotes.
In no case should you forget about water. It is recommended to consume up to 2 liters of clean water a day. It will restore balance and improve bowel function.
During the period of exacerbation of the disease, the use of carbonated water should be minimized or completely eliminated. In addition, canned foods, strong broths, fast food, smoked / spicy foods, buns, cocoa, sour berries and fruits, marinades, coffee, cakes, cooked eggs are also prohibited in the form ofscrambled or boiled fatty meats. fish.
2. Nutritional rules
There are a number of rules to follow:
- Eat only one consistency of food (it is better if it is uniform);
- Keep your portions small;
- Completely exclude smoked, sweet, fried and salty foods from the diet;
- Try to eat as little fresh food as possible (eg vegetables);
- Drink as much liquid as possible (water, green tea, decoctions).
The dietary rules for the acute course of the disease are similar to those for the chronic variant. In the chronic course of the disease, fasting lasts for several days (up to).
3. Sample menu for a week
The menu is signed for a period depending on the type of disease: in acute pancreatitis, up to 9 months, in chronic pancreatitis, for several years. At the same time, alcohol (even in meager quantities), seasonings and smoked meats are necessarily excluded from the menu. Chocolate, as well as other sweet foods, is also prohibited (from the sweet you can only take a small piece of marshmallow or a teaspoon of gelatin).
The menu is selected taking into account the characteristics of the patient's body, while it should contain all substances useful for the body.
Let's make a list of the list of foods that can be included in the diet:
- Vegetables. Almost any vegetable can be present on the menu (except for legumes and cabbage and others that cause bloating). These vegetables can be used to prepare various side dishes and soups;
- Curd. This product can be taken for breakfast or as a snack. You can make cheesecakes or stews with it;
- Compotes, fruit jelly. It can be apricots, apples, pears. If a person has an exacerbation, pears should be excluded from the menu;
- Fermented dairy products. All foods should be low in fat. It is allowed to fill salads with sour cream no more than twice a week;
- Eggs. The menu can include a steamed omelette or hard-boiled eggs, but without the yolk;
- Meat. It is best to choose boiled chicken or steamed fish;
- You cannot eat pasta more than once a week;
- Cereals. It is better to stop choosing rice, oatmeal or semolina.
On the first day, it is best to skip the food altogether. Only water is consumed throughout the day. If the acute pain is not bothering the patient, then a sample menu might look like this:
- You can have a glass of green tea for breakfast (you can add a teaspoon of honey to the drink). 150 grams of semolina or rice porridge are also allowed;
- For the second breakfast, you can eat pumpkin puree (50 g), fish fillet or steamed chicken, rosehip drink;
- For lunch, you can have vegetable or chicken broth with a small crouton of bread;
- For a snack, you can drink a glass of kefir or gelatin;
- Dinner consists of steamed omelette and beet salad;
- Before going to bed, you can drink a glass of water with honey.
If pancreatitis is painless, you can cook any oatmeal for breakfast (semolina, oatmeal, or buckwheat).
- The first breakfast consists of oatmeal, which is cooked in milk, a piece of cheese and a glass of gelatin (without added sugar);
- For lunch, you can eat 100 grams of cottage cheese (1% fat), which can be mixed with an apple;
- For lunch, you can have boiled rice with a piece of fish. It must be steamed without fail;
- For a snack, you can have applesauce or carrot puree;
- Dinner can consist of a diet vinaigrette with a small piece of bread (which can be substituted for a loaf of bread).
- On the third day of the diet, it is already allowed to eat salads of apples, beets, which are seasoned with sour cream (it must be low in fat). You can drink green tea.
- For lunch, you can have buckwheat porridge with a small piece of butter and bread;
- Lunch consists of rice soup and 2 pieces of cheese;
- For an afternoon snack, you can drink a glass of fermented baked milk or kefir;
- For dinner, a person can mash potatoes (without adding milk), bake vegetables, and eat a slice of bread.
- For breakfast, you can have oatmeal, which is prepared with a small piece of butter. Also, still mineral water is allowed;
- For lunch, you can have an omelette and a steamed cutlet. Alternatively, you can also drink a glass of milk (1 or 2. 5% fat percentage);
- At lunchtime, you can have a bowl of soup with a small piece of fish. As a side dish, you can cook zucchini or carrots;
- You can bake an apple for a snack;
- Dinner consists of curd rice pudding and mild tea (milk can be added).
- In the morning you can eat rice porridge and a boiled egg (it must be without yolk);
- The second breakfast consists of tea and a small piece of cheese;
- Lunch can consist of homemade noodle soup, pumpkin porridge, or carrot porridge. You can also drink a glass of milk or tea;
- A snack consists of low-fat cottage cheese with the addition of sour cream;
- During dinner, you can pamper yourself with a vegetable salad, which is garnished with oil (preferably olive), a baked apple and a glass of tea with a teaspoon of sugar.
- For your first breakfast, you can make an omelette, which is steamed with vegetables. The prepared dish can be supplemented with a glass of milk;
- For the second breakfast, you can cook buckwheat porridge with fish (boiled);
- For lunch, you can have milk and green tea soup;
- For an afternoon snack, you can have a rosehip drink;
- For dinner, you can cook vegetables with potatoes (boiled), fruit jam or pudding.
Once the symptoms of the disease disappear, you can diversify your menu.
- For breakfast, you can eat a small piece of bread with butter, cottage cheese. You can drink it all with a glass of green tea;
- If a person has mild pain, they can boil a small piece of chicken meat with carrots for lunch. Alternatively, you can also eat a small piece of bread. You can drink it with unsweetened tea or mineral water;
- For lunch, you can have vegetable soup, mashed potatoes, and a boiled cutlet. Of the drinks, unsweetened tea or kefir is allowed;
- For a snack, you can drink gelatin with a small amount of cookies;
- For dinner, you can make a fish and carrot juice casserole.
Non-compliance with the diet threatens the patient with serious consequences. As complications of pancreatitis, diseases such as:
- Hypertension (hepatic);
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus;
- Any disease of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Pancreatic cancer;
- Brain damage.
With pancreatitis, you will have to rethink your diet. For cooking, you can use a certain number of products, and the dishes should not be fatty, not very salty, not fried, not sweet. However, with this disease, you can live a full life. Consider various recipes for cooking.
- Steamed cutlets. To cook, we need to take chicken breast (about 200 g), wheat bread (30 g), milk (3 tablespoons), a small amount of oil (it is best to take olive oil), a pinch of salt. All components must be mixed. Form minced meat cutlets. Put them in a water bath, pour in water and close the lid. Cook until done.
- Rosehip drink. To prepare this broth, you will need to take 0. 5 kg of fruit and 4 liters of water. We wash the rosehip and fill it with water. Let infuse for four days. You do not need to boil the drink, the rosehip should be infused at room temperature. This drink is rich in vitamin C. Because the drink is very acidic, you should consult your doctor before using it.
- Vegetable soup. To make the soup, you need to take pepper (1 piece), broccoli, a small zucchini, cauliflower. Vegetables need to be washed and cut into cubes. Pour the vegetables with water (1, 5 liters) and cook until fully cooked. The water drains (but not all). With a blender, transfer the soup to a pureed state.
- Fish soup. For cooking, we need to take 0. 5 kg of a low-fat type of fish (you can use cod, walleye or pike), pour water and put on fire. It should be cooked until fully cooked, after which the fish should be separated from the bones and minced in a blender. Add a little butter to the warm milk and wait until it is completely melted. After that, the broth is brought to a boil. It is important that the broth does not boil. Add fish and cook for a few more minutes. Our soup is ready.
Pancreatitis is a disease in which diet plays an important role. With strict adherence to the doctor's recommendations and proper nutrition, you can live a full life.