Most articles on yoga for weight loss are perfunctory. They contain various exercises that were spied on somewhere and general formulations that have no value. As a result, no matter how much you study in these lessons, your stomach and your sides stay with you. In fact, you can lose weight very quickly with yoga if you know how. Therefore, I will tell you about a really quick way that I accidentally discovered during my yoga classes.
To be honest, I never had any doubts if yoga helps lose belly fat. It has always been obvious to me that a flat stomach is an added benefit of regular yoga practice. I saw how people who constantly go to yoga classes transform and become slim and fit. But all this happens gradually. If you want to get the result as soon as possible, read the article to the end. After you know the simplest yoga exercises to lose weight at home, I will tell you three secret yoga exercises that will allow you to eliminate fat from the abdomen literally an inch a day.
Yoga for weight loss for beginners at home
At home it is very easy to perform asanas: static yoga poses. To do this, simply roll out the mat in the morning and do a few simple exercises. Do this yoga complex for weight loss at home every morning. It only takes 15 minutes. The complex includes all kinds of asanas: standing postures, bends, twists. Each asana affects certain areas of the body, improving blood circulation and metabolism, normalizing hormone levels and gently massaging the internal organs. Through these influences, this yoga complex triggers the weight loss process. The static asanas are more related to the direction of hatha yoga; Kundalini yoga has also been shown to be good for weight loss.
Why is it recommended to practice in the morning? Because normally at this time our stomach is empty and about 8 hours have passed since the last meal. This is an important nuance. One of the Yoga Teachers I studied from said: the effectiveness of an asana depends on the emptiness of the stomach. And of course, before embarking on this simple yoga to lose weight, drink a glass of water and empty your intestines.
- Stand up straight with your feet about the width of your feet, inhale, and lift your arms above your head with your palms facing inward.
- Exhale and bend your knees, dropping to the ground, as if you were sitting on a chair.
- Your torso will naturally lean forward slightly. Try to straighten your shoulders, pull your shoulder blades back and lower your shoulders away from your ears. Take a deep breath, take 5 deep breaths, and exhale.
- Stand in the same chair position, but instead of extending your arms above your head, lower them to chest level while bending your legs.
- Then bring your palms together as if in prayer and turn your upper body to the right so that the left elbow rests gently on the right thigh.
- Keep your abs strong and keep breathing deeply and exhaling. Hold the pose for five inhales and exhales. As you inhale, straighten your knees to return to the starting position, and then repeat the exercise on the other side.
- Get on all fours with your knees shoulder-width apart and your palms directly below your shoulders.
- Spread your fingers and place your weight on your hands.
- As you exhale, lift your knees off the floor and straighten your legs, lifting your pelvis.
- Push the floor with your arms and legs, push your pelvis up and stretch your back, as if you were pulling the mat in different directions with your palms and feet. Relax your neck and hang your head loosely.
- Stay in this position, taking 5 deep breaths and exhales.
- Starting position: downward facing dog. As you inhale, straighten your left leg and lift it as high as you can.
- As you exhale, slowly bending your leg, bring your left knee to your chin. As you do this, try sucking on your belly, pulling your navel toward your spine.
- On the next breath, straighten and lift your leg again. Repeat 5 times for one leg and 5 times for the other.
- Starting position: downward facing dog. Bring your right leg forward between your arms so that you are in a low lunge, like a runner before starting.
- Turn the left heel slightly outward so that the toes of the left foot are facing the right heel.
- Lift your torso while extending your arms. Straighten your shoulders and slightly arch your back, pushing your chest out.
- Take a deep breath, in this position take 5 deep breaths and exhales. Then repeat the exercise on the other side.
- Starting Position: Warrior Pose 1. Straighten your right leg and transfer your full body weight to it.
- Lift your left leg off the floor and extend it back, leaning forward so that your body looks like a T. Your entire body is parallel to the floor. The crown and arms are pushed forward and the toes of the left foot are withdrawn. If you find it difficult to keep your balance, you can help yourself at first by leaning on a chair.
- Stay in this position for five breaths and then repeat on the other side.
- Lie on your stomach with your feet together, your forehead resting on the mat, your arms extended forward and your palms facing down.
- Squeeze your stomach and buttocks, lift your legs and arms straight. Keep your legs, arms, and upper body from the navel above the floor, resting only on the hips and lower abdomen.
- Take a deep breath, inhale and exhale deeply five times.
- Lie face down with your forehead on the mat and stretch your arms at your sides with your palms up. As you exhale, bend your knees, bringing your heels as close to your buttocks as possible. Hold your ankles with your hands and spread your hips shoulder-width apart.
- As you inhale, lift your upper body and thighs off the floor and stretch your heels back from your buttocks. Make sure to relax your lower back by extending your shoulder blades down and back. Only the lower abdomen and the hip joints are in contact with the ground.
- Take 5 deep breaths in this position and then return to the starting position.
- Get on all fours with your legs slightly apart and your arms directly below your shoulders.
- Tighten your abs and keep your back straight, lift your right leg and left arm at the same time, straightening them as much as possible. Hold this body position for 5 deep breaths and exhales.
- Then repeat the same with the left leg and the right arm.
- This is the same exercise as the previous one, with the difference that here we are on a table, not on all fours.
- Begin by standing on a board with your arms straight.
- Then, keeping your back straight, lift your left leg and right arm, stretching them as far as possible. Hold this asana for 5 deep breaths and exhales.
- Then repeat in the opposite direction.
Yoga for weight loss
Do you want your weight loss yoga classes to work really well? So that literally every morning you feel like it's getting easier? So don't be lazy after completing the asana complex to practice breathing exercises (pranayamas) and meditation. Meditation + pranayama + asanas: this is the magic recipe of yoga for weight loss. Start each morning with yoga, including the three components of your lesson and the result will not be long in coming.
Meditation to burn fat
Yoga restores hormonal balance in the body by calming the mind and achieving inner harmony. But this is not the only reason why yoga contributes to weight loss. Let's take a look at the exercises that make up a typical yoga class in a studio or gym.
Usually, a yoga lesson begins with meditation. In almost any class, you will first be asked to sit quietly for 10 minutes and be aware of what is happening inside and out.
By the way, many studies confirm that a single regular meditation practice already has a positive effect on health, hormones and leads to weight normalization. Additionally, meditation develops mindfulness, which leads to better eating behavior and a more mindful approach to eating. This is also important.
The second thing you will do in yoga is pranayama, that is, breathing exercises.
Some pranayamas are designed to train a very important muscle in our body: the diaphragm.
A constant sedentary lifestyle leads to the fact that the diaphragm simply stops working at full force and becomes weak and tense. And most Western training systems pay little attention to this muscle. But not yoga.
In yoga, great importance is attached to correct breathing and the development of the diaphragmatic form of breathing. That is why you will do a lot of pranayamas and allow your diaphragm to work hard and expand in full force.
Movement of the diaphragm during breathing is of great benefit to the whole body.
- First, each expansion and contraction of the diaphragm gently massages the internal organs: heart, liver, pancreas, gallbladder. This leads to its purification and stimulates its work.
- Second, the diaphragm directly affects the digestion process, affecting the stomach, if, of course, we do not forget to actively move it.
- And thirdly, with a full deep exhalation, the diaphragm, rising upwards, affects the area of the solar plexus, where tens of thousands of nerve endings intertwine, this leads to stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system, which isresponsible for rest and recovery of the body.
The parasympathetic nervous system is often suppressed as a result of modern man's constant pursuit of goals. Constant tension, stress, and nervous activity block the body's healing and recovery processes. And yoga teachers, fully aware of this, have developed breathing exercises that balance two opposing nervous systems, the parasympathetic and the sympathetic. It contributes to weight loss much more than constant strenuous diets and exercise.
Probably the most famous pranayama for weight loss is called uddiyana bandha. Many people today know this exercise as a "void. "So this "modern" void is an integral part of the yoga system, which has been around for many thousands of years.
3 easy steps to get fast results
For those who have read the article to the end, have faithfully performed all the asanas, breathing exercises and meditation, I will tell you an interesting case from my yoga practice. I will share my personal experience.
The first secret
The practice of asanas in yoga is considered only a preparatory stage for pranayama: breathing exercises. And pranayama, in turn, serves to prepare for meditation, to purify the mind and concentration. Therefore, at a certain stage in my practice, I began to practice holding my breath. My goal was to learn to hold my breath as long as possible. Literally immediately after starting such a workout, I suddenly noticed that every morning I feel lightness in my body and stomach. And the fat on the belly and sides has noticeably decreased. This unusual effect piqued my interest. I started looking for information on the Internet and realized that I was not the only one facing a similar experience. In addition, there are complete effective weight loss systems based on holding your breath. Then you can put this method in circulation.
I have dealt with delays at the freediving training table, they are people who dive into the sea without scuba gear.
Here is my table of exercises:
- 1 minute delay - 1: 30 break
- Delay 1: 30 - Break 1: 30
- Delay 1: 30 - Break 1: 30
- Delay 1: 35 - Break 1: 30
- Delay 1: 40
This table is for holding your breath during inhalation.
While resting between sets, I also took short 20-30 second pauses with a full exhale.
This secret also has a lot to do with breathing. I am not a doctor and have no idea how this effect is explained from a medical point of view, this is just my personal observation. So, I noticed that belly fat doesn't accumulate if you try to do full exhalations during daytime breathing. It sounds easy, but if you look at yourself, you may find that at the end of each exhale, there is still air in your lungs that you can exhale. This is especially true when sitting. It will be difficult for you to exhale fully if you have a rounded back and back. Most likely, the effect of this breathing method is due to the fact that the muscles of the press, lower back and diaphragm are used for a full exhalation. Therefore, they are kept in good condition.
In summary, the second secret of yoga to lose weight is this: during the day, try to exhale 2 times more than inhale and you will be happy.
The third secret also flows smoothly from the second. And, perhaps, this is the most important rule for losing weight with the help of yoga: order the muscles of the lower back. Working with the lower back muscles, stretching and strengthening them, that is exactly what removes fat from the abdomen and sides very effectively. A sedentary lifestyle literally kills the lower back, which constantly has to be in a stretched position. Flabby muscles that have lost their elasticity are not able to support body weight, an imbalance occurs that leads to the accumulation of fat. There is a yoga exercise that can help you lose weight quickly and effectively. Do it just 5 minutes a day and the result will be.
- Roll a blanket or towel around a rolling pin.
- Lie on the floor and place a rolled blanket under your lower back.
- Extend your arms behind your head and bring your little fingers together.
- Spread your legs and connect your thumbs.
- Lie in this position for 5 minutes.
This exercise returns the pelvis, lower back, and abs to their natural state. As a result, belly fat becomes unnecessary and disappears quickly.
Losing weight with yoga: basic principles
The most important principle of yoga for weight loss is constant practice. I recommend exercising 6 times a week, at least one hour a day.
If it sounds like a difficult program, start with short workouts, but every day, this approach will help you form an exercise habit. And when yoga becomes familiar, you will naturally start to lengthen the duration of the session to stay on the mat a bit longer.
The second principle is to do what you really enjoy. Try to find some pleasant, pleasant sensations in yoga. The main task is to connect yoga classes with feelings of joy.
The third principle: don't just think about losing weight. Remember that yoga is very beneficial for both the body and the mind, psyche and mood. Losing weight is just a nice bonus, and you will understand very soon if you practice yoga regularly for at least 2-3 months.