Diabetes mellitus is a disease associated with an absolute or relative insufficiency of insulin in the body and characterized by impaired carbohydrate metabolism and other metabolic disorders. Simply put, diabetes is not a disease in the full sense, but rather an improper lifestyle and diet. Therefore, nutrition in diabetes mellitus plays an important role in the well-being of the patient.
Foods to include and avoid in type 2 diabetes
Nutrition for diabetes mellitus should be correct and include foods with a low glycemic index (10 to 40) in the diet:
- vegetables: tomatoes, eggplants, cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, green beans and other green vegetables;
- miscellaneous mushrooms and nuts;
- fruits and berries: cherries, blueberries, lingonberries, plums, pears, apples, currants, strawberries, strawberries and their juices;
- citrus fruits: lemon, orange, tangerine and grapefruit;
- cereals and bran products: barley bread, rice bran, oats, buckwheat, spaghetti and pasta made from durum wheat flour;
- dietary meat: poultry, rabbit, turkey, beef;
- fish and low-fat fish products;
- dark chocolate;
- cold-pressed linseed oil;
- mineral water.
Limitthe consumption of foods with an average glycemic index (40 to 70)
- dairy products: kefir, milk, yogurt;
- fat-free or low-fat;
- vegetables: beets (boiled and stewed), carrots, legumes;
- whole wheat bread, rye bread, black bread, yeast bread;
- fresh and canned pineapple;
- apple and grape juices, unsweetened;
- instant oatmeal;
- raisins, melon, kiwi;
- industrial mayonnaise;
- canned corn;
- wheat flour pancakes;
- brown rice
Excludefrom the diet foods with a high glycemic index (70 to 100)
- cereals and wheat breads;
- corn flakes;
- French fries and baked;
- caramel and honey, jam, sweets, sugar;
- white bread;
- alcohol and carbonated and non-carbonated sweet drinks;
- coffee, tea, replacing them with chicory, green tea and blueberry leaf tea;
- sweet fruits: grapes, bananas;
- processed meat products: hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs, potatoes, smoked meat.
Along with the medication prescribed by your doctor, you should use medicinal plants: chicory, cranberry leaves, dandelion root, cuff, bean flaps, and a collection of antihypergamic herbs.
Also, diabetics are shown an active lifestyle, moving more, this includes walking up to 2 km a day, climbing stairs, physical work, unless of course you have suffered a heart attack or stroke. Adjust sleep patterns, sleep at least 7 hours a day, go to bed before 1 am.
Basic steps and dietary rules for type 2 diabetes
It's no secret that obese people suffer from diabetes mellitus.
The first step of the diet-2 weeks, get rid of extra pounds. During this period, eat only foods with a low glycemic index.
With a high blood sugar content, it is recommended to eat strictly 3 times a day, without snacks, then the insulin will have time to be used. Instead of snacks, drink water or eat fruit.
Servings should be small, as nutritionists say, one serving should fit in the palm of your hand.
The second step of the diet- 15 days, consolidation of the results. During this period, we eat foods with a low and medium glycemic index. Limiting sugar, honey, baked goods, potatoes, bananas, white rice, and corn.
The third step of the dietis for the rest of your life, stay in shape and follow the rules. The menu should have a low to medium glycemic index.
From my own experience, I am a diabetic with 11 years of experience, I know that 70% of my well-being depends on what you ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and 20% on the activity during the day and only the10% of medications. . . .
List of nutrition dishes for diabetes mellitus at BREAKFAST
You can prepare the following for breakfast:
- Oatmeal: in natural cereals and low-fat milk, with the addition of a small amount of wild berries, raisins and dried apricots.
- Muesli or bran - with low-fat milk or yogurt.
- Buckwheat porridge with milk or boiled: tongue, rabbit, meat; or a meatball, meat souffle.
- Freshly made toast with a slice of cheese made from whole wheat bread.
- Low-fat or low-fat cottage cheese, with low-fat sour cream, yogurt, or kefir.
- Cheesecakes with sour cream.
- Cabbage or potato cutlets with sour cream.
- Natural herbal green tea. Tea with milk.
- Fruits: pears, apples, oranges, grapefruits.
- Eggs cooked with homemade mayonnaise.
- Squid omelette.
- Cabbage casserole in the oven.
- Zucchini casserole.
- Meat pudding.
List of nutrition dishes for diabetes mellitus at LUNCH
A normal lunch consists of salads, first and second courses, desserts and drinks. The following dishes are offered for lunch:
The base of the salads can be lettuce leaves, fresh cabbage, incl. and Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, fresh vegetables (radish, radish, cucumber, tomato), celery, broccoli, mushrooms, cheeses and fruits.
- Vegetarian Vegetarian;
- pearl barley and buckwheat with mushrooms;
- rice with egg;
- with cauliflower;
- with peas, beans;
- fish with celery;
- vegetable with chicken;
- Lean borsch with sour cream.
- Boiled or stewed meat with stewed cabbage.
- Beef stroganoff with mashed potatoes.
- Goulash with boiled potatoes.
- Boiled chicken with millet porridge.
- Mexican pita with feta cheese and mushrooms.
- Sandwiches to your liking, based on whole wheat bread.
- Lemon gelatin without sugar.
- Carrot cake.
- Curd soufflé.
- Microwave chocolate stevia cake.
- Sugar Free Pumpkin Cheesecake with Grits.
- Diet cake.
- Baked apples.
- Tomato juice.
- Kefir or kefir with cinnamon.
- Rosehip broth or tea.
- Milk thistle tea (for weight loss).
- Fruit compote with sweetener.
Meals for diabetes mellitus for DINNER meal list
Dinner items can be:
- Cabbage rolls stuffed with vegetables.
- Boiled low-fat fish.
- Carrot and apple meatballs with kefir.
- Carrot puree with sour cream.
- Stewed cabbage.
- Vegetable casserole.
1 hour before bed
- a glass of kefir;
The list of dishes above is a recommendation, but you should develop your own menu and focus on your well-being.