One of the most problematic areas of the body in humans is the abdomen. An active accumulation of subcutaneous fat in this area is inherent in both men and women. For the summer, I want to inflate the press so that the waist is more clearly visible, and in this case you will need exercises to lose weight on the abdomen at home. Also, a person must follow the correct diet so that the calories removed during training do not return.
Causes of excess abdominal fat
Normally, everyone has some fat deposits, which serve to protect internal organs, bones and participate in some hormone production processes. An excessive amount is harmful to health, spoils the figure and self-esteem. The belly does not grow overnight, so this problem must be solved in time. The following factors cause its development:
- Bad metabolism (metabolism).With age, this process slows down (if not compatible with sports), leading to poor processing of food. Instead of energy, the body begins to accumulate excess weight. This problem is more common in women. Each person has a different metabolic rate, so some can eat any food and still not gain weight.
- Genetic predisposition.Scientific studies show that in the presence of obese people in the family, there is a high risk that you also have a hereditary potential to gain weight.
- Sedentary, sedentary lifestyle.This is one of the factors that slows down the metabolism. The less physical activity in your life, the fewer calories your body uses and over time they begin to accumulate in different parts of the body.
- Overeating.A person begins to gain weight when she eats more than her body uses.
- Incorrect posture when sitting.If a person bends over, her spine bends, the probability of obesity in the abdomen increases significantly. Keep your back straight when sitting.
- Illness, stress.These factors become the main causes that lead to the accumulation of subcutaneous fat. The amount of cortisol increases in the body, which contributes to weight gain. Sleep apnea, breast cancer, cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes also add centimeters to the waist.
- Weak abdominal musclescannot keep internal organs in the desired position, so the abdomen sticks out.
- Hormonal changes.This ratio is more pronounced in women approaching middle age. Fat begins to grow in proportion to body weight. During menopause, the risk of accumulating extra inches in the waist area increases. Hormones are an important part of regulating body fat.
Exercises for the abdomen and waist
A slim figure is the merit of a healthy and balanced diet and regular physical activity at home or in the gym. You can't force individual parts of the body to lose weight, so fat-burning exercises for the abdomen affect other muscle groups as well. For anatomical reasons, in some people, specific places lose weight or gain weight faster, the principle of weight loss is one: reduce the number of calories consumed, speed up the metabolism.
Of all the fat burning exercise options, choose cardio. This is an option for exercising at home or outdoors, in which a high pace is maintained and the cardiovascular system works in an improved way. This forces the body to consume more energy, breaking down nutrient stores. Such training will speed up your metabolism, saturate the muscles and cells of the body with nutrients and oxygen. To reduce the waist, strengthen the abdomen, you can do:
- riding an exercise bike at home or cycling;
- soccer, basketball;
- for jogging outdoors or on a treadmill at home.
Effective upper press exercises
Conventionally, the abdominal muscles are divided into an upper and a lower section. The press is a muscle and during exercises for slimming the abdomen at home it is completely involved, therefore it is wrong to talk about training a separate part. However, there are some training options that make it easy to target a specific area of the abdominal muscles. Curls are a popular option, here are some effective options for the upper abs:
- Classic version.Lay a mat on the floor, lie on your back, slightly bend your knees (it should make an angle of about 30 degrees). Another person should sit on their feet. Or put them on a sofa, closet, to ensure the position of the body. Put your hands behind your head and put them on a padlock. Begin reaching with your chin to your pelvis, keep in mind that you must lift with your abdominal muscles, not your lower back. Perform 2-3 sets of 10-15 times, over time increase this value to 30-40.
- With legs raised.You need to put your legs on a hill, a sofa, a chair, a bench in the gym is suitable for this. Also, the twisting technique is completely repeated from the previous example, the number of approaches is also.
Exercises for the lower abdomen
This part of the abdomen tends to annoy girls, because even with little weight, the abdomen begins to bulge a little. Most of the time, this is not due to the layer of fat, but rather the weakness of the abdominal muscles, which cannot support the internal organs. By strengthening the press at home, this bump will disappear. The following exercise can be used:
- Place a mat on the floor and lie on your back.
- Use your hands to hook onto a closet, sofa, or something heavy.
- Begin to lift your legs straight until they form 30 degrees with the ground.
- Lock them in this position and keep them as long as possible.
- Lower your feet to the ground and get some rest. Repeat this action 5-6 times.
Exercises to slim abdomen and sides
An important condition for reducing the size of the waist, the abdomen: adherence to the correct diet. It is necessary to give up fast food, fried and sweet, alcohol. This will help you shed those extra pounds, and exercise to lose weight in the abdomen will speed up this process and give your figure an appetizing shape. In this case, you will not be able to limit yourself to a load, and in addition to the effective exercises for the abdomen described above, you will need to perform cardiovascular training at home.
The main task of these exercises is to keep your heart rate at a high level for at least 20-30 minutes. Experienced athletes do cardiovascular exercises for 40-60 minutes. For beginners at home, circular training is very suitable, which can be done without special equipment. Do the following exercises to lose weight on the sides and waist:
- jump rope for 3-4 minutes;
- 20 lateral curves on each side;
- classic twists;
- jump rope again for 3-4 minutes;
- table exercise;
- leans 20 times in each direction;
- lateral abdominals.
The most effective abdominal exercises
There are many different options for doing abdominal exercises. A person, as a rule, selects effective exercises for losing weight in the abdomen according to her own feelings. Technically perform some options better, and they work well, some do not work due to inexperience or lack of preparation. For most athletes, the following exercises have become optimal exercises for training the abdomen and sides at home:
- side curves;
- swing lunges;
This exercise helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles without increasing their volume. This is especially helpful for girls. Who want to flatten their belly. The classic twist is a dynamic load that increases the volume of the press, and the bar is static, which only strengthens it, makes the muscle fibers more elastic. Exercise is done at home according to the following rules:
- Lay out a mat and get into a push-up position.
- Stand on your elbows so they are just below your shoulders. Make sure that the back is not round and that the pelvis does not sag, the body should be stretched in a straight line.
- This position should be held for at least 20-30 seconds for beginners and more than 1-2 minutes for advanced athletes.
- Repeat this exercise 3-4 times, try to constantly increase the time in a static position.
This exercise has several "modifications", with a pivot and an extension. The bottom line is that, to the previous option, add an inward pelvic roll or turn your arms stretched out to the sides. You will not get any additional benefit from such "improvements" and it is better to perform the exercise in its original form. In addition to the press, the barbell helps to strengthen the lower back, shoulders, forearms, abs, glutes and the back of the thigh without special shells at home.
This is a versatile exercise that targets the thighs, glutes, and all abs. This is a good option if you need exercises at home to slim your legs and abdomen. You can do it empty-handed or with an additional weighting agent (fitball, bag, pancake, dumbbell). The technique is as follows:
- Throw forward with your knee at a 90 degree angle.
- Bring your arms to your sides and turn to the right while keeping your pelvis in place.
- Lunge with the other foot and turn left.
- Repeat this movement 10-15 times.
To lose weight, it is recommended to exercise every day in the morning and 2-3 cardiovascular workouts per week. One of the problem areas to exercise is the lateral abdominal muscles. Keep in mind that when working with weights, there is a possibility that your muscles will increase in volume and your waist will disappear (this is important for girls). At home, you can perform lateral push-ups, which, with proper technique, use your oblique abdominal muscles. The technique is as follows:
- Feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your arms and raise them above your head.
- Lean your torso to the left as much as you can feel the stretch on the opposite side of your body.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Go back to the original pose and repeat the same for the right side.
- Over time, increase the confirmation time from 15 seconds to 30 or more.
This method of losing weight and strengthening the abs is actively used in bodyflex exercises. If you are looking for effective exercises for a flat stomach, then you should give Vacuum a try. The technique is as follows:
- Get on all fours with your hands on the ground.
- Take a deep breath, then exhale as much as possible so that there is no air at all
- At this point, contract your stomach and squeeze it.
- Hold for 15-20 seconds. Make sure your eyes don't start to darken and spin in your head. If these symptoms appear, stop exercising and shorten the waiting time.
- Do 4-5 of these reps, you can increase the number over time.
How to do exercises to lose abdominal weight at home
To get the desired result and training effectiveness, you must follow some rules. Even the lightest abdominal slimming exercises require a preliminary warm-up, preferably jumping rope or going for a run to warm up all muscle groups in the body. This will not only prepare you for your workout, but it will also speed up your metabolism, increase your heart rate, and lose weight faster. These recommendations should be followed:
- be sure to follow a diet;
- Sit-ups should be performed using the abdominal muscles, not the lower back;
- you should not do more than 15-20 repetitions, otherwise you will not strengthen the muscles, but you will begin to develop them, which will not help you to slim your waist;
- be sure to stretch after every workout;
- Take classes regularly, not occasionally.