According to statistics, 8 out of 10 people who lose weight claim that the 6-petal diet helped them achieve maximum weight loss. What is the peculiarity of this miraculous nutritional scheme, why is it called the most optimistic and psychologically comfortable? In this article, you will receive complete answers to questions about weight loss, as well as find a sample menu for every day of the diet.
The diet is designed for 6 days, each of which is represented by its own "petal":
- first day (petal) - fish;
- the second is vegetable;
- the third is meat;
- quarter - cereal;
- fifth - curd;
- sixth is fruity.
The principle of such a nutrition system is based on the separation of proteins and carbohydrates. Three out of every six days are designed for the consumption of exclusively protein foods, the other three, carbohydrate foods. This division has a physiological basis. The human body is designed so that carbohydrates can be fully absorbed only when they are consumed in conjunction with proteins. The separate intake of nutrients leads to the fact that the body cannot fully absorb them and is forced to extract energy from fat stores.
Who is the author of this power plan?
The author of the system is Anna Johansson, a nutritionist from Sweden. Although no documentary evidence has been found of the Swede's involvement in the development of the Petal Diet, the program is considered professional and literate.
What do petals have to do with it?
The idea of a petal diet is a psychological visualization of the nutritional system. The author proposes to express it in the form of a large chamomile flower, where each petal symbolizes a separate dietary day. Plucking a petal every day, gradually losing weight is approaching the intended goal. This serves as an important motivational element and helps to positively tune into dietary restrictions.
What daily regimen should I follow?
You can eat according to the classic scheme with breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is no need to give up snacks, petal nutrition is already low in calories, so you should not starve yourself additionally.
Can days be traded?
Not allowed. Each of the six days of the diet prepares the body for the next phase of weight loss. By rearranging the feeding days, you will completely disrupt the entire scheme at the physiological level.
Why is fish day first, when the body is not hungry yet?
The task of fish in the diet is to "lull" the body's vigilance, saturating it with protein and fat, forcing it to actively burn calories.
How can you survive such bland food?
Natural spices, fresh and frozen vegetables, cinnamon, lemon juice, and ginger will help make dishes brighter and more flavorful. You can sweeten your food with a sugar substitute or a teaspoon of honey, but only as a last resort.
How often can you eat with such a program?
The Six Petal Diet can be repeated periodically, but no more than once a month. The body takes at least 4 weeks to restore its energy balance and replenish its vitamin and mineral reserves.
What do doctors think about the Swedish diet?
Doctors strongly recommend consulting them when planning any diet. With obesity, endocrine diseases, and digestive disorders, it is dangerous to limit yourself to food.
Do I need to count calories?
Optional, but desirable. The recommended caloric value for an adult dieter is 1200-1400 kcal.
What is the difference between the 6 and 7 petal diets?
The 7 Petals Diet includes the last day of "hunger". At the end of the cycle, it is forbidden to eat any food, but keep it only in water and drinks.
Who is the diet for?
The original weight loss scheme successfully combines two factors: calorie restriction and psychological motivation. Therefore, the petals diet can be safely recommended to anyone who:
- cannot find intrinsic motivation and willpower for dietary restrictions;
- wants to lose weight quickly without extreme physical exertion;
- does not tolerate hunger or low calorie fast days;
- loves to plan her meals and not "bother" to prepare complex diet meals.
The diet of the six petals manages to lose 500-800 g of excess weight per day. The total weight loss at the end of the diet cycle is at least 3 kg.
Dieting can be a lot more, but you'll have to go through several "chamomile" cycles. There are cases when men and women managed to lose weight from 15 to 18 kg.
Who the diet is not suitable
The 6 Petals Diet is designed for healthy people who do not have any well-being complaints and do not suffer from chronic diseases. But in reality it is almost impossible to meet a person without a “chronicle”.
There are several categories of people who are categorically prohibited from dieting:
- diabetics: they must obtain the optimal amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats prescribed by the diet 9;
- for teens: a growing body needs fats that are not provided in petal nutrition;
- pregnant women: with rapid weight gain, women in the position can be recommended specific fasting days during the second and third trimesters;
- lactating women: their diet should be balanced, but hypoallergenic;
- patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: in the acute stage, "hungry" days and a moderate fractional diet are prescribed;
- for patients with liver and kidney pathologies: a large amount of protein in the diet increases the load on these internal organs.
Swedish food involves a total rejection of sugar, so it will be extremely difficult for those with a sweet tooth on such a diet. In your case, the original chocolate diet can be recommended. All day you will have to eat only dark chocolate, dividing the bar into several receptions.
Pros and cons of the diet
The advantages of the nutrition scheme proposed by Anna Johansson are:
- optimal duration: in 6 days the body does not have time to exhaust itself, weight loss occurs smoothly, but noticeably;
- lack of overeating: due to the monotony of food during the day, you will not want to eat large portions;
- simplicity of the dishes: the menu of every day includes simple and familiar products available to everyone;
- a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals - the diet contains vegetables and fruits that are rich in useful nutrients;
- absence of "hungry" days - the diet can be considered soft and moderate;
- Varied menu: you are not hungry, you do not have to eat the same food every day.
But you should pay attention to those who are losing weight and the "pitfalls" that are not lacking in diet:
- with rapid weight loss, the skin becomes saggy and the muscles lose their tone;
- on protein days, a person may experience weakness caused by a deficiency of carbohydrate compounds;
- rapid weight loss can stress the body and disrupt normal metabolic processes;
- is not suitable for hypovitaminosis season, when the body is weakened;
- chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines, which have not bothered to lose weight for a long time, can get worse; The
- diet does not guarantee significant weight loss: 20% of those who lose weight cannot lose more than 2 kg in 6 days.
Dos and Don'ts
The fundamental basis of the diet is the alternation of foods with proteins and carbohydrates every two days. Days 1, 3 and 5 will be protein, days 2, 4 and 6 will be carbohydrates. It is forbidden to mix days with each other, otherwise effective weight loss will not work.
Important!The rapid burning of fat ballast is observed on the first day of observation of mono foods. In the following days, the results obtained are consolidated and the body rebuilds to a new metabolic system.
The following products are whitelisted:
- vegetables that do not contain a lot of starch: zucchini, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, green leafy vegetables, beets, allspice herbs (parsley, coriander, basil, dill), celery, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower;
- almost all fruits and berries: apples, pears, oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, grapefruits, cherries, peaches, apricots, plums, strawberries, lemon;
- dairy products with a low percentage of fat: kefir, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk, sour cream, yogurt without fillers, whole milk;
- meat: only dietary chicken pulp is allowed, without skin or tendons;
- some types of cereals: buckwheat, oats in the form of flakes, unpolished rice, bran, sprouted grains;
- Seafood and low-fat fish - sea bream, walleye, pollock, hake, blue whiting, cod, trout, salmon;
- bran or whole wheat bread, rye croutons, toast, sunflower seeds, nuts and seeds.
There are no strict restrictions on drinks. Rosehip decoction, herbal teas, freshly squeezed natural juices, homemade compotes, mineral water - all this can be drunk. If possible, you should limit or completely abandon black tea and coffee in favor of chicory drink and green teas. Drinks with the addition of grated ginger, mint leaves, and lemon wedges will help quench your thirst.
The main taboos of the diet of the six petals are:
- all kinds of fats: butter and vegetable oils, margarine, mayonnaise;
- fast food: sandwiches, hamburgers, any fried food;
- vegetables with a lot of starch: pumpkin, potatoes, beans;
- instant food: sausages, meat delicacies, basturma, ham, smoked ham, boiled pork, canned food;
- meat: beef, pork, veal, rabbit;
- flour products: cakes, tarts, dumplings, dumplings, pancakes, buns, pasta;
- all sweets: chocolate, candy, gingerbread, jam, halva, marshmallow, cookies, marshmallow, jam;
- cereals: corn, millet, wheat, pearl barley.
Sugar is prohibited in any form; it cannot be added to food and drink. To prevent foods from appearing lean, they can be slightly salted, natural herbs and spices can be added without flavor enhancers. An exception is sometimes made for vegetable oil: you cannot consume more than one teaspoon of olive or sunflower oil per day.
Given the extensive list of foods that the 6 Petal Diet provides, it won't be that difficult to compose a menu. But you must be patient, because all day you will have to eat only one type of product.
Day 1: fish
The first day, which includes only fish, aims to provide the body with enough polyunsaturated omega-3 acids. This is the same healthy fat that cannot accumulate in the subcutaneous tissue in the form of cellulite and extra pounds. The proteins contained in dietary fish are good to satisfy, block the feeling of hunger and are well digested.
What can you cook in a fish day:
- salmon fillets, pollock, trout, hake in a double boiler with herbs;
- fish fillets with garlic dressing, baked in foil;
- fish soup with herbs and sea salt;
- fresh seafood cocktail.
The total quantity of fish products should be around 300 to 500 grams per day.
Day 2: vegetables
The amount of produce per day of vegetables is limited to 1-1. 5 kg. But in fact, you can eat as many vegetables as you want; They do not provide many calories, but contain a maximum of vitamins and microelements. Vegetables rich in fiber (carrots, beets), give a feeling of fullness and at the same time contribute to a high-quality intestinal cleansing by increasing peristalsis.
What you can plan for a plant petal:
- carrot ragout, bell peppers, cabbage and onions;
- grilled or baked eggplant and zucchini;
- boiled cauliflower or broccoli, seasoned with lemon juice and Provencal herbs;
- tomato and vegetable soup with basil.
Important!The Six Petals Diet cannot provide the body with all vital substances. Therefore, doctors forbid eating according to this scheme continuously.
Day 3: chicken
Chicken meat is considered a diet favorite. It contains an easily digestible protein and a whole complex of minerals: magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium. The amino acids contained in the product are used exclusively to strengthen muscles and are not transformed into subcutaneous fat.
Recipes of the day:
- Steamed Chicken Breast Cutlets with Egg and Dill;
- chicken fillet baked in foil with spices;
- boiled meat in the form of a steak.
On this protein day, it is allowed to eat up to 0. 5 kg of chicken meat.
Day 4: cereals
For this stage of the diet, only cereal varieties that are not devoid of bran husk are suitable. This component belongs to the slow carbohydrates: it takes a long time to digest and requires a lot of energy. To increase the dietary value of cereals, they must be soaked in water overnight, and in the morning they should be boiled or steamed.
- buckwheat porridge with bran;
- Hercules muesli with nuts or seeds;
- rice porridge with herbs and sprouted wheat grains.
The total amount of dry grain should not exceed one glass.
Day 5: cottage cheese
On the fifth day, you need to buy 500 g of diet cottage cheese with a fat content of not more than 3. 8%. The so-called curd product is not suitable for a petal diet, it contains hydrogenated fats and additives that are not useful. Cottage cheese, like any protein product, neutralizes hunger well and promotes cell renewal.
Sample menu for this protein day:
- Baked cheesecakes with semolina and cinnamon;
- cottage cheese whipped with sugar substitute and two tablespoons of brewed coffee;
- cottage cheese dessert with natural yogurt.
On this day, any dairy drink with moderate fat content is allowed: kefir, milk, ayran, yogurt.
Day 6: fruits
The Fruit Day of the Swedish Diet is considered the tastiest and brightest. You can eat any fruit except bananas, grapes, and nuts, which are too high in calories and sugar. Fruits and berries have antioxidant properties, prevent premature aging, and remove toxins from the body. The product performs a "final" cleaning of the body and prepares it for the exit of the diet.
On a fruit day, you can connect your imagination and combine products as you wish. Salads, smoothies, fresh juices, freshly squeezed juices, baked fruits with cinnamon and cardamom - all this will be appropriate for the last dietary "petal".
How to get off the diet
A gentle exit from the diet will help maintain the results of dietary nutrition. The caloric content can be increased gradually, starting from 1200 kcal and bringing it up to 2000 kcal. One week after the end of the "petals" it is best to eat the same foods, combining several types of protein on protein days and different types of carbohydrates on carbohydrate days.
If a person plans to continue losing weight, it makes sense to switch to a balanced diet. It should include proteins, carbohydrates and fats, but of low energy value. At this stage, do not forget about physical exercises, lymphatic drainage massages. These procedures will help tighten "thin" skin and strengthen muscles.
The Swedish Food Plan is reliable as it is prepared by a professional nutritionist. The strict alternation of days, the absence of fat in the diet and an important motivational moment make the diet effective and popular. But keep in mind that this program is designed for quick, short-term results. So that the lost kilograms do not return, lose weight and at the end of the diet you have to eat rationally and not excessively.