Any kind of therapeutic nutrition should facilitate the work of the gastrointestinal tract and related organs.
Inflammatory processes in the pancreas are associated with pain syndromes, a deterioration in the general condition of the patient and require a sensible approach to daily nutrition.
Let's see what kind of diet is required for patients with pancreatitis.
Why is a diet necessary?
In order not to provoke another attack of pancreatitis or to not carry the chronic phase into the acute phase, you should follow the diet recommended by nutritionists.Violation of standards and a return to eating habits can not only worsen theCondition of the patient, but also to a number of complications.
Every drug treatment must be accompanied by a specific diet table, without which all attempts at healing will be unsuccessful. If the basic principles of treatment are not followed, the enzymes secreted by the pancreas, instead of their main focus (digesting the incoming food), begin to digest the cells of the organ themselves.
The basic principles of a diet for acute pancreatitis, exacerbation of chronic and chronic should include the following factors:
- rough or tough food, which can additionally damage the gastrointestinal tract, is replaced by a puree-like food;
- The number of meals is chopped up to five times a day with a minimum portion size.
- The food temperature should be medium, hot and cold foods are prohibited;
- animal fats are replaced by vegetable fats, but not more than 60 grams in the daily diet;
- Broths are allowed after the second or third boil;
- Meat must be carefully turned and chopped; The protein intake
- should not be less than 150 grams per day;
- Vegetables and fruits should be baked or boiled, fresh consumption is not advisable;
- Mandatory maintenance of the water balance - more than two liters of fluid per day.
At the first attack of pancreatitis, the patient is advised to fast for two days. Mineral (alkaline) water may be drunk during this time. All dishes eaten after medical fasting are used in crushed form with a decrease in symptomatic manifestations - in a standard form.
The number of calories consumed per day during the diet should not exceed 2500 kcal. With an exacerbation, the calorie content of dishes drops to 1500-1700 kcal.
Prohibited and prohibited products
What you can eat on a diet for acute pancreatitis:
- Porridge on the water - buckwheat, oatmeal, semolina, rice - with a slightly viscous or liquid consistency.
- Dairy products - low-calorie kefirs, yogurt, yogurt, cottage cheese, milk. Butter must not be consumed more than 15 grams per day.
- Lean fish - cod, pike, flounder, pikeperch, pollock - boiled or steamed.
- Lean meat - beef, rabbit, chicken, turkey, veal - boiled or steamed.
- Vegetables - pureed or baked - potatoes, pumpkin, cucumber, beets, green peas, carrots. Beijing cabbage, cauliflower or broccoli.
- decoctions, juices, compotes, berry mousses, fruits.
- Vegetable oils - olives, sunflowers, corn - in minimal portions.
- Lightly brewed tea - green, black.
- Sweets - jam, marshmallow, marshmallow, jam, jelly - in minimal portions.
- Soups with water or vegetable broth - with chopped grain, noodles.
- Cheese - low in fat, no spices.
- Fruit (sweet, ripe) - pineapple, red apples, strawberries, watermelon - in small quantities.
- Bread products - dried bread, croutons, cookies, dry biscuits.
- Eggs - in the form of a steam omelet, no more than four units per week.
Do not eat:
- All kinds of sausages.
- Carbonated sweet drinks, alcoholic and low-alcohol, smoking.
- Fat broths, fish soup, borscht, cabbage soup, milk soups.
- Greasy meat - goose, pork, lamb.
- Greasy or sour quark.
- Conservation, especially meat.
- Preserved green peas, peas, beans, lentils.
- Mayonnaise and other spices (sauces).
- Ice cream, ice drinks, hot soups, teas, coffee.
- Wheat, barley, pearl barley.
- Fatty fish - catfish, trout, salmon, sturgeon, mackerel.
- Lard and animal fats.
- Sugar, sweets (including chocolate), cocoa, chocolate, coffee drinks.
- tomatoes, spinach, white cabbage.
- Bread - freshly baked white bread, rolls, puff pastry, whole grain bread (whole grain bread)
- whole milk or condensed milk, condensed cream.
- Citrus fruits, grapes, figs, mangoes, bananas.
In the case of chronic pancreatitisin the latency phase, the list of approved products is extended a little, some of the prohibited products are conditionally approved. Allowed in remission:
- linseed oil;
- sweet grapes, pear, dried fruits (including plums), banana, lingonberry, melon;
- squid, mussels, shrimp;
- sprouted wheat jelly;
- Coffee drinks with milk;
- cinnamon, turmeric;
- walnuts, peanuts, cashews;
- dill, parsley, celery;
- Premium boiled sausage;
- Aubergines, onions - thermally processed.
Recommendations on prohibited and allowed foods are given to the patient by a nutritionist based on the general condition of the body and the presence of food allergies.
Example menu for one week
The nutrition scheme provided is not the most important, its use must be agreed with the attending physician.
|Breakfast 1||Breakfast 2||Lunch||Afternoon snack||dinner|
|1||Oatmeal milk, sugar-free green tea, steamed patties||Compote, boiled beef, quark pudding||Tea, soup with a few meatballs, grated||Baked pear and apple||Liquid mashed potatoes, meatloaf, low-fat kefir|
|2||Rice pudding, compote, steamed omelette||Baked meat, fat-free cottage cheese, compote||Vegetable soup, liquid jelly, beet puree||Baked sweet apples||Sugar-free tea, steamed meatballs, cottage cheese pudding|
|3||Liquid buckwheat, tea, steamed meatballs||Steamed vegetables, sour milk, steamed turkey schnitzel||Liquid mashed potatoes, vegetable soup, boiled rabbit, compote||Tea without sugar, fruit soufflé||Baked baked zucchini, jelly, chicken breast|
|4||Unsweetened tea, mashed potatoes, boiled fish||Rose hip broth, steamed protein omelette||Liquid semolina, jelly, steamed meat cutlet||Milk tea, low-fat cottage cheese||carrot puree, compote, boiled fish|
|5||Liquid rice porridge, tea, fat-free cottage cheese||Kissel, quark pudding||Hercules cream soup, compote, steamed schnitzel||Tea, apple and carrot pudding||Steamed meatballs, baked beets, tea|
|6||Unsweetened tea, oatmeal in the water, boiled fish||Compote, quark with a spoon of honey||Grated vegetable soup, steamed fish bread, carrot puree, tea||Low-fat yogurt, sweets||Tea, oatmeal with boiled chicken|
|7||Vermicelli, boiled fish, compote||Kissel, steamed protein omelette||Vegetable soup, tea, buckwheat porridge, steamed meatloaf||Skimmed cheese soufflé, tea||Boiled chicken, kefir, carrot puree|
- lean beef - 250 grams;
- milk - 3 tbsp. Spoon;
- olive oil - 3 spoons;
- a pinch of salt.
The meat is thoroughly minced in a meat grinder, the remaining components are added to the resulting minced meat. Small balls are formed from the mass and cooked in a water bath. Cooking time - half an hour.
A glass of rose hips is filled with one and a half liters of boiling water that has been poured into a thermos. Manufacturing time - 2 hours. If the broth is more firm, it can be diluted with boiled water (1 to 1).
Beet and carrot salad
Beets and carrots in the shell are boiled, peeled and grated. Coated with vegetable oil and served as a side dish.
opinions of doctors
According to doctors, a balanced diet (Table 5) quickly normalizes the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, especially the pancreas.Following the recommendations allows patients to move quickly from acute pancreatitis to remissionand lead a normal life.
Nutritionists note that constant compliance with the requirements for pancreatitis helps suppress the disease, and does not allow it to pass into the acute phase in the chronic version of the disease. The general state of the patient's body depends on himself - refusal of a therapeutic diet always leads to repeated seizures and a return to the acute phase of the disease.
Nutritional reports and results
The opinions of the sick about the benefits of diet are clear - extremely positive. People who were in pain during an initial attack do not try to violate the recommended lifestyle. In childhood, acute pancreatitis also requires diet, shared meals, and spa treatments.
Parents faced with this phenomenon should reconsider the baby's diet and remove foods that are unsuitable for their age.The main mistake in feeding children is the early transfer to a common table, a large amount of fried, fatty, smoked food. In adults, these dishes are a sign of a love of unhealthy diets that lead to pancreatitis.
“I was twisted right away at work, the ambulance took me to the hospital, where I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. They kept me on mineral water for the first three days, and then they only allowed table number 5.
When I was released from the hospital, I went to a nutritionist and asked him to put me on the correct diet. The second year I only used it, I had no more seizures. "
"My son and I came straight from kindergarten to gastroenterology. I don't know exactly what caused the disease, maybe the child's love of the flesh. We were treated well, now we are sitting on a permanent feeding table. The whole family moved to him out of solidarity, so that we are definitely not threatened with gastrointestinal diseases. “
"At the party, I decided to cheat a little and eat a dish that was forbidden to me. My chronic pancreatitis reacted in the morning - unbearable pain in the stomach area and cold sweat. The doctor prescribed a starvation diet for three days, and then a standard diet for this disease. It's uncomfortable that I provoked the attack myself, but diet always saves me - nothing better has been invented yet. "